Monday 30 July 2012

Olympic Football at Wembley

I still can't believe I have seen an Olympic event! Yes I saw the double header football at Wembley yesterday. First match was Senegal and Uruguay which saw quite a shock with Senegal winning 2-0 with 10 men even for most of the game. The second match was GB v UAE and again it was a decent game. UAE played quite well after old man Giggs had given GB the lead with a header. UAE could have gone in front after equalising but GB stormed back with some luck and a good finish from Sturridge for a final score of 3-1. Olympic football is quite a muted atmosphere at times but still fun nevertheless. To my utter amazement I heard some man singing opera from the top tier when it was quiet! He got a big ovation as well...totally bizarre!  I am due back at Wembley on Saturday for the quarter final match in Olympic Football. Here are some photos from the day.


















No comments: