Tuesday 13 November 2012

Sabaton Live

I've completed my marathon gigging week at last. God my poor ears! It was worth it though as I enjoyed each and everyone of the gigs and finally got to see Rhapsody or at least Luca's version last night.

On Friday however I saw the Sabaton war machine again. They just don't know how to disappoint live do they! They are a complete riot. The new songs sound amazing. They sang plenty of new songs and loads of old ones too. Thet are getting very popular and whilst Kamelot's attendance at the same venue was very lacklustre indeed Sabaton damn near sold the place out so easily more than a 1000 punters. It seems just about every metalhead loves Sabaton be they powerheads or thrash and death metallers and even some black metallers. They are united under the Sabaton flag of true metal. First up on the night were Hungarians Wisdom. They were awesome let me tell you. The singer has an amazing live voice too. Great cover of Maiden's wasted years too.

Eluveitie are a good band with a whole lot of members on stage but their folky melodic death went down really well with the fans. I enjoyed it but didn't love it. I liked the bouncy folky flute playing and the lady violinist's head banging style. Its funny head-banging with a violin in your hand!

Sabaton as I already said slayed. Joakim is just a ball of energy going here there and everywhere as well as the ever smiling bassman Per. The new members made a seamless contribution and did not hinder the concert in any way shape or form although they were unfamiliar faces of course, but musically they were on a par with the departed members. I don't think this was the best Sabaton gig I have ever seen but since it included the Carolus Rex tunes then it was well worth attending and I will continue to attend their shows. Only low point of the night was quite a few drunk foreigners being a bit stupid down the front. There was a lot of pushing and shoving which made viewing rather difficult but hey I'll get over it. Sabaton is a popular band these days that attracts young, old and the crazy inbetween!

Wisdom: 







Eluveitie:








Sabaton:
 





No comments: