Monday 10 December 2007

Monday Morning Muse

It is strange that the with the addition of one letter the word Art becomes Fart. Just goes to show that one man's art could be another man's fart. Reminds me of the line in the Bugs Bunny cartoon. After Wile E Coyote gets covered in mud, Bugs says and remember folks Mud is Dum spelled backwards! Heck isn't Dum spelt Dumb? Whose the dummy here eh? Actually how come we don't spell it dummby? Oh I give up!

I have won tickets to see Manic Street Preachers. Why would a self respecting metal fan be seen dead at a Manics gig you ask. That's the question I was asking myself as I made the bid on the auction. I was fully expecting to lose, however, miraculously I have been conspired against by the music gods and they have decided to torture me by sending me to a dreary Manics gig! What have I done to deserve this purgatory? Why me! Oh I guess they are not that bad. I just have to figure out what to do with my extra ticket. I think i'll flog it to the Brixton beggars. I'll telle'm it's nice and warm inside though they might have to cover their ears for a couple of hours cause of the loud noise!

This year has flown by. Isn't that what people say every year? Well this year particularly has flown by at the speed of light. Really incredible speed this year has shown. It beggars belief really. Yet another year closer to the grave. Oh how desperately sad I am! Cheer up - it might never happen! Well actually it WILL happen. Who can stop the inevitable from happening. As the guy from the Matrix says..that is the soudn of inevitability. It has that swishing sound that all inevitable occurences make.

I would like to make some money from my writing, but I am not sure if I am good enough to be honest. I hope I am and I'm trying to branch out in my writing style. Obviously I love writing reviews about metal music and have been writing them for many years now on various internet message boards. But can one make this pay? Is it really possble that someone will pay me to type words on a screen? It cannot be surely..whatever next...a talking horse?

I have been trying to lose weight unsuccessfully for an age. Around the year 1999 I miraculously lost nearly 5 stones in weight. It was a miracle of rather incredible proportions at that time, but that time has passed unfortunately and some of the weight has come back on. The next step is to try and get in the right frame of mind to lose weight once again. It's a challenge that requires great mental strength once again.

No comments: